We believe in supporting local communities through sustainable business practices.
From engaging with local artisans, farmers, and craftsman and collaborating with local communities to promoting sustainable business practices in our airports, we take our responsibility to our communities and the environment to heart.
Engaging With Local Artisans
- Sourcing products locally is not just a trend, it is also an important step towards sustainable business practices.
- Airport Retail Group, LLC is proud to support local artisans, farmers and craftsman through our proprietary Web portal.
Collaborating with Local Communities
- Airport Retail Group, LLC serves on the Board of Directors of Loaves and Fishes, a nonprofit organization serving free, healthy meals to those in need in ten Minnesota counties.
- Loaves and Fishes serves free, healthy meals to hungry Minnesotans through a variety of meal programs at outlets that include: public dining, street outreach, student meals and snacks, free produce markets, and a new HUB program for small organizations.
- They grow fresh produce at their own local farm and gardens and rescue leftovers (including from the MSP Airport), nutritious food from schools, organizations and businesses.
- Loaves and Fishes served a record-breaking 1,000,000 meals in 2018 and expect to serve 1,300,000 healthy meals to food insecure Minnesotans in 2019.
Investing in Sustainability
- Recycling solids and liquids
- Converting trash to energy
- Eliminating use of unnecessary plastics and styrofoam
- Composting organic materials